The referenced component 'Ghostscript.NET' could not be found.

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Hi,

I get this warning when referencing Ghostscript.NET in my project. I am using Visual Studio 2008 Express. What's strange is the test project distributed with Ghostscript.NET also can't start and display a message saying GhostScript is not installed... But it's installed !

C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs909...

I am running on Windows 7 64... Any Idea of the problem ?

Thanks for your support !
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Hi,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\gs\gs909..." says to me that you have 32-bit version installed, otherwise Ghostscript would be installed in the "C:\Program Files\gs\gs909...".

One solution would be to set your project Platform target to: "x86" which will force Ghostscript.NET to use 32-bit version of the Ghostscript which you have currently installed. Other solution would be to install 64-bit Ghostscript library: Ghostscript Downloads Page

Platform target: "Mixed" on 64-bit OS will run your application as 64-bit application and 64-bit Ghostscript library has to be installed, on 32-bit OS will run your application as 32-bit application and 32-bit Ghostscript library has to be installed.

Platform target: "x86" on 64-bit OS will run your application as 32-bit application..... 32-bit Ghostscript library will be used.

Cheers,
Josip
Nov 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
One more things that may help other users...

You are right, this was part of the problem and I have now installed both 32 and 64-bit version... I can then switch as I want between debug and Release but it didn't fixed this specific issue...

However it looks like you are forced to use Framework 4.0 or higher in your own project in order to reference your dll… Right?

Since it's not possible to use Framework 4.0 with visual studio 2008 I have been forced to switch to version 2010 (Express). After changing target framework to 4.0, everything was working smoothly!

Thanks for this great tool! :-)

Fred